If you read my blog, you might remember the "Out on a Lymph" post from March 18, 2018. Here is more about lymph drainage:
Lymphatic system is like a sanitation department of your body. It cleanses tissues of metabolic waste, excess water, bacteria and toxins. It also supports the immune system. The flow of lymph is so critical to our wellness, that without it we would not survive for longer than a day or two.
The cleansing process can be facilitated by specially trained therapists using Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD for short). It is a gentle rhythmic massage, that improves the flow of lymph, which in turn:
* boosts the immune system
* prepares tissues for surgery
* reduces swelling from trauma or surgery
* speeds up the recovery post operation
* reduces fluid retention during pregnancy
* relieves headaches, dizziness and ringing in ears
* relieves symptoms of sinusitis and congestion
* reduces symptoms of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue
* calms the Central Nervous System and promotes relaxation
Manual Lymph Drainage was developed by Dr. Emil Vodder in 1930s, and the main school of our hemisphere is right here in Western Canada in Victoria, BC. Check out www.vodderschool.com where you can learn more about this wonderful method and find your local Vodder-certified therapist. At this time there are only 11 of us in Calgary, and I am one of them.
If you have swelling anywhere in your body from injury or surgery, if you feel congested and have difficulty breathing, if you have chronic pain, recurring headaches or infections, manual lymphatic drainage can help you.
Go to www.breathespa.ca or call us at 403-457-3060 and make an appointment.